The Fall Cleanup program is a joint effort between the City of Omaha and participating neighborhood/homeowner associations. The annual free event provides Omaha residents with the opportunity to recycle or dispose of large or bulky items that are not accepted through curbside waste or recycling services (such as old furniture, appliances, tires, and mattresses).
Fall Cleanup is open to all City of Omaha households. Residents do not have to be a member of a neighborhood/homeowner association to participate. Only residential/household items are accepted (commercial waste is prohibited). Residents must unload their own vehicle, no assistance will be provided.
The 2022 Fall Cleanup takes place on the first four Saturdays in October (10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22). Each Saturday, multiple neighborhoods in a specific section of the city will accept items for disposal and recycling between 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
A map of locations and dates for the 2022 Omaha Fall Cleanup is provided at the bottom of this page.
A listing of locations and dates for the 2022 Omaha Fall Cleanup is provided by clicking here.
You may also call the Omaha Spring Cleanup Hotline at 402-444-4636 for more information.
Neighborhood/homeowner associations are managed by the City of Omaha’s Planning Department. To look up your neighborhood/homeowner association and to find the Planning Department’s resources for neighborhoods, click here.
Examples of Accepted and Common Items
(not a comprehensive list)
- Furniture (couches, chairs, mattresses, etc.)
- Auto parts
- Swing sets
- Empty cans, pails, and buckets
- Tires without rims (at designated sites only) – no tractor or bike tires
- Appliances (at designated sites only)
- Yardwaste (at designated site only) – such as small tree limbs, brush, and leaves
- Railroad ties – must be cut into 1 foot pieces for disposal; no site will accept full-size railroad ties (for regulatory information, click here)
(not a comprehensive list)
- Commercial waste
- Rocks, concrete, and dirt
- Construction debris
- Dead animals, manure, and animal bedding
- Tires still on rims
- Propane tanks and other pressurized cylinders
- Household garbage (putrescible waste) – put out with your normal trash collection
- Landscaping timbers
- Full-size railroad ties – the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy (NDEE) has published a guide for disposal. To view the guide, click here. Contact the NDEQ for additional information at 877-253-2603.
- Lead-acid batteries (See Household Hazardous Waste below)
- Household Hazardous Waste including, but not limited to auto fluids, paint, solvents, and lawn chemicals. Take to UnderTheSink, 4001 South 120th Street. Residents are encouraged to call 402-444-7465 before proceeding to assess the wait time and prevent traffic being backed up onto 120th Street.
- Please note that residents are responsible for transporting and unloading their own items at a Fall Cleanup site.
- Yardwaste will be accepted ONLY at the designated yardwaste site.
- For additional questions or concerns, please email: CleanUpOmaha@cityofomaha.org or call the Omaha Fall Cleanup Hotline at 402-444-4636.