Print This Page
Note: The collection sites for the 2014 – 2015 season are now closed. Depositing a tree at a site at this time is illegal dumping, punishable by fine and imprisonment.
For an Adobe® Acrobat® copy of the Christmas Tree Recycling brochure Click Here
Note: Christmas trees must be prepared according to the yardwaste collection regulations to be collected as a part of your Omaha solid waste collection service. For instructions about yardwaste preparation, click here.
- Please remove:
- Tree stand
- Plastic bags (please take bags home and dispose with garbage)
- Lights (Recycling opportunity for these, click here)
- Wreathes and evergreen roping will not be accepted.
- Flocked trees are ok.
- Thank you for making Christmas Tree recycling part of your holiday tradition.
- Share the Christmas spirit and ask a neighbor if you can help them get their tree to a recycling site.
- All sites close on Tuesday, January 6, 2015. Do not deliver trees after this date. Doing so is illegal dumping and punishable by a fine of up to $500, loss of drivers license for 6 months and all clean up costs. Omaha Municipal Code, Chapter 34, ARTICLE I, Section 4.
Please throw your tree up on the pile. This will leave room for others to access the site.
You may begin using the sites on December 24. The sites are open daily during daylight hours. Assistance from volunteers is available only on the days listed. Sites close on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.
Volunteers from the Rotary Clubs of Omaha, and the Douglas-Sarpy Master Gardeners will staff the busy sites and help you unload your tree on December 27 and 28, 2014, and January 3 and 4, 2015, from 10AM until 4PM each day.
2014 – 2015 Christmas Tree Collection Sites
For a map of the Christmas Tree collection sites, click here. Clicking on the addresses below will open up a Google ® map.
- Tranquility Park
120th Street & West Maple Road. North lot of soccer complex.
- Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium New Location!
Northwest corner of parking lot, near intersection of Bob Gibson Drive and South 13th Street..
- Orchard Park
66th Street North of Hartman Ave. 57 blocks North of Dodge Street.
- F Street Football Field
F Street East of 156th Street. Parking lot east of field.
- Ta Ha Zouka Park
20801 Elkhorn Drive. Parking lot behind the Chamber of Commerce.
- Kelly West Park
87th Street & Park View Boulevard.
- Wehrspann Lake
Highway 370, between I-80 and 168th Street. Wildlife Management Area south parking lot.
- Bellevue Old Sarpy County Landfill
8902 Cedar Island Road
- Papillion Senior Center
1001 Limerick Road
- Papio Bay
815 East Halleck Street
- LaVista Sports Complex
66th Street, 2 blocks South of Harrison Street
- Hughes Mulch Products
3211 Keystone Drive. This site open 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday Only.
The sponsors and volunteers for Christmas Tree recycling include: