Print This Page
The subsidized prices for bulky item disposal are limited to Omaha Residents. Residents living outside of Omaha will pay the full cost of disposal. Tires and yardwaste are not eligible for the subsidized pricing. There is a maximum of four subsidized loads per calender year.
River City Recycling & Transfer Station
- 6404 South 60th Street 402-731-0414
- (just north of Harrison Street on 60th Street)
- Monday-Saturday 8AM-4:30PM (Spring, Summer, Fall)
Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM (Winter)
Saturday 8AM-NOON (Winter)
Note: At River City Recycling and Transfer Station, you must ask to participate in the City's cost share program.
Bulky Material Described
What is accepted?
What is not accepted?
- Auto parts
- Appliances (there is an additional fee if the appliance contains freon)
- Swing sets
- Bicycles and tricycles
- Empty cans, pails and buckets
Accepted, but not included in subsidized prices:
- Tires (there is a fee for tires)
- Tree and bush branches
Note: State and local law requires that all loads must be covered with a tarp.
- Household Garbage
- Hazardous Waste including:
- Auto fluids (gas, oil, grease, anti freeze)
- Auto batteries
- Lawn chemicals
- Household chemicals
Visit www.underthesink.org for disposal.
- Dead animals
- Fecal material
- Animal bedding
- Railroad ties
This is not a complete list, but indicates the types of items to be included in each list. If the material you have is not listed, please call 402-731-0414.
Additional Requirements & Schedule of Fees
Proof of Omaha Residency
Fees & Limitations
- Before proceeding to River City Recycling and Transfer Station, confirm that your address qualifies by using the look up service accessible by Clicking Here (this will open a new browser window or tab).
At River City Recycling and Transfer Station you will need to provide proof of residency that shows your street address not a Post Office Box by any two of these means where the addresses of the two items match:
- Vehicle registration
- Driverís license
- State Issued ID
- Utility Bill (gas, water, electricity, telephone)
- Each household may dump up to 4 times each calendar year.
- A one time $10.00 administrative fee is collected at the first visit each calendar year, and purchases 4 dump vouchers.
- Lost vouchers will not be replaced.
- Additional fees may be collected based on the size of vehicle or load.
- Regular size car load is typically one voucher and no additional fee (loads less than 2 cubic yards).
- Pick up trucks, vans or trailers are typically two vouchers and no additional fee (loads less than 5 cubic yards).
- Over size loads may require an additional fee of $6.00 per cubic yard.
- Excessively heavy loads (in excess of 1,750 pounds) may be required to pay $15.00 per 1,000 pounds over 1,750 pounds.
- Freon containing appliances will be charged an additional $10.00 each.
- River City staff may refuse any items and any individuals, such as non-Omaha resident or commercial haulers.